Friday, October 2, 2009

Motif #8

This is the Bookmark with Overlapping Chains by Jon.

It was a bit of a challenge to keep it overlapped as I started the second round. I ended up cutting the second round out twice because I kept joining to the wrong ring. Finally I ran a thread through all the rings to keep them where they should be. The basting helped and I was able to finish the 2nd and 3rd rounds fairly quickly.

Who knew a quilting technique could help in tatting?

I'm not happy with the ruffling in the 3rd round, but I'm still having tension problems. This is size 20 Lizbeth in Red Burst and white. I left the picots off the last round as I felt it would make it a bit to girly. This bookmark is currently living in an Introduction to Dynamic Meteorology book somewhere in NJ.

No comments: