Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In Memory of Loni

Since last October I've had the wonderful privilage of taking tatting classes with Loni, who was a great teacher and very patient as we tried to learn the elusive thread flip. When I went to the first class a year ago I could tell she had a history of fragile health. I saw her the last time in late Sept when the class went out to dinner. She cancelled class the next week because she wasn't feeling well and as I got off the phone with her I was worried that I may not see her when I returned from vacation a few weeks later.

I hate being right.

She died while I was out of state and I came home to a simple message from a classmate asking me to call her. I knew she was gone.

When her sister and father came from PA over the weekend to clean her apt, they brought copies of photos of her for us to keep.

Our tatting class is now a tatting group. We met as usual and decided that we will continue meeting and for the time being we'd work on our own projects and help the newbie until we're ready to figure something else out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved friend and tatting teacher. Thank heavens she was able to share her talent with you before her passing!
That's wonderful that your class continues to meet as a tatting group and show current projects and share. She would probably be really pleased with that. I don't KNOW that, but it seems that so many tatters are pleased when tatting continues to move forward.